Effective: September 10, 2019
Information We Collect And Receive
Buj may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
Customer Data. Customers or individuals granted access to a Workspace by a Customer (“Authorized Users”) routinely submit Customer Data to Buj when using the Services.
Other Information. Buj also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
- Workspace and Account Information. To create or update a Workspace account, you or your Customer (e.g., your employer) supply Buj with an email address, password, domain and/or similar account details.
- Services Metadata. When an Authorized User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorized Users work. For example, Buj logs the Workspaces, teams, people, features, content and links you interact with, the types of files shared and what Third Party Services are used (if any).
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device information. Buj collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Third Party Services. Third Party Services are software that integrate with our Services. We do not, however, receive or store passwords for any of these Third Party Services when connecting them to the Services.
- Third Party Data. Buj may receive data about organizations, industries, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically.
How We Use Information
Buj uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, and Websites. More specifically, Buj uses Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services and Websites. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at an Authorized User’s request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. Buj tries to make the Services as useful as possible for specific Workspaces and Authorized Users. For example, we may improve search functionality by using Other Information to help determine and rank the relevance of content, posts or expertise to an Authorized User, make Services suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights, to customize a Services experience or create new productivity features and products.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about Buj. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
How We Share And Disclose Information
This section describes how Buj may share and disclose Information. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Information, and Buj does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
- Customer’s Instructions. Buj will solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- During a Change to Buj’s Business. If Buj engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Buj’s assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence), some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as telling a prospective Buj customer the average amount of time spent within a typical Workspace.
- To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Buj or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Consent. Buj may share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
Buj takes security of data very seriously. Buj works hard to protect Other Information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, Buj cannot guarantee that Information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, Buj does not allow use of our Services and Websites by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
International Data Transfers Privacy Shield And Contractual Terms
Buj may transfer your Personal Data to countries other than the one in which you live. We deploy the following safeguards if Buj transfers Personal Data originating from the European Union or Switzerland to other countries not deemed adequate under applicable data protection law:
- E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield. To comply with European Union and Swiss data protection laws, Buj, Inc. (“Buj US”) self-certified under the E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.These frameworks were developed to enable companies to comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States. For more information, including the types of Information covered, see Buj US’s Privacy Shield Notice. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Program, please see http://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome.
- European Union Model Clauses. Buj offers European Union Model Clauses, also known as Standard Contractual Clauses, to meet the adequacy and security requirements for our Customers that operate in the European Union, and other international transfers of Customer Data. A copy of our standard data processing addendum, incorporating Model Clauses, is available here.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Services account. To the extent that Buj’s processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, Buj relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. Buj may also process Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and you have a right to object to Buj’s use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time.